Acidman‘s got a questionnaire up on his site. Since I have nothing else to blog about right now, here goes.
1. Do you have a personal hero? If so, who is it?
My father. Had as crappy and violent a childhood as any wailing celebrity on Oprah, and went on to become not only a success, but the acknowleged leader of his field. And he never claims “hardhip” for his failures. I guess I don’t tell him often enough how much I admire him.
2. What is your favorite book of all time and what made it so fucking good?
The Endless Steppe by Esther Hautzig. First read at the age of 10 and re-read at least twice a year since.Young girl is taken from her home during WWII and is sent to a Siberian work camp for five years. Riveting and moving and I can’t say enough good things about it. Buy copies for yourself and the kids in your life.
3. What does “diversity” mean to you?
Pretty much anything *except* what it’s been co-opted to mean by the multi-cultis.
4. What is the wildest thing you’ve ever done?
Smoked pot at the only high-society ball I’ve ever been to.
5. Do you regret doing it?
Not in the least. In fact, should I ever be forced to attend one of those Godawful things again, I will do it again. Made it a lot easier to deal with.
6. Can you drive a stick shift?
I can’t drive, period. I’m a proud pedestrian.
7. What’s the highest speed you ever traveled in a car?
I haven’t the foggiest.
8. Were you driving, or riding at the time?
See no. 7.
9. Which is better: snakes or spiders?
Snakes. They can be shot.
10. What is the most disgusting thing you ever ate?
A cigarette filter. Did not go down well.
11. Have you ever shit your pants? Be HONEST!
Not since diaper days.
12. Was losing your virginity an enjoyable experience?
13. Should oral sex be outlawed or encouraged?
14. Name one man with a fine ass.
Andrew, my husband.
15. Do you watch golf on television? If not, will you iron my shirts?
Heck no, and sure.
16. Who is Martha Burk?
Some feminist who made a fool out of herself over a golf tournament.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My tendency to procrastinate and my innate laziness.
18. Do you eat raw oysters?
Don’t eat them raw or cooked.
19. Are you claustrophobic?
Only in open places, if that makes any sense at all. Ihave no problems in elevators or subway cars, but crowds in the street make me uncomfortable. Fifth Avenue during lunch hour and Times Square at most anytime are awful for me.
20. If you rode a motorcycle, would you wear a helmet even if the law said you didn‘t have to?
Yes. I like my head right where it is, thankyouverymuch.
21. Name five great Presidents.
George Washington, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, and John F. Kennedy.
22. Name three shitty Presidents.
Warren G. Harding, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.
23. Now call me fanny and slap my ass. Just kidding.
I always thought it was “Call me ‘Sally'”. Whatever.
24. This is the 4th of July. Did you set off any fireworks?
Yes indeed! You betcha! In spades!
Oh, you mean the little rocket thingies. Nope, didn’t do that.
25. If you could have dinner and conversation with anyone in the history of the planet, who would you choose?
William Shakespeare. Amelia Earhart. Jesus of Nazareth. King Solomon. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Aleister Crowley. Adolf Hitler. Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha). Lao-Tz’u. Hildegard of Bingen. Apollonius of Tyana. Plato. Pythagoras. Cleopatra. Eleanor of Aquitaine. Leonardo Da Vinci. Helena Blavatsky. Richard Wagner. Thomas Jefferson.
Update: Andrew has also taken this quiz.